An integral Cooperative have the responsability to focus on science and technology aiming to recover and unify three fields that capitalism has separated in order to destroy production methods: Science, so that it doesn’t remain only within the confines of larger universities and corporations, but also in the streets and in our everyday practices; Technical knowledge, which belongs to workers and artisans and which today is being lost along with many of these crafts; and Technology, which we can access through the Information Society.
One main priority would be to work with appropriate technology. Here are some key ideas related to that important part of an Integral Cooperative.
- To develop, or reappropriate Appropriate Technology taking the user, the context, the choice of the most suitable materials, and sustainability all into account.
- To seek the help of the most basic technology to implement systems adapted to our needs and to whatwe can buy on the market.
- To look for technology to help us, not dehumanize us.
- To open workshops developing tools in collaboration with users and professionals.
- To recover a direct connection between the makers of tools and their users.
- To We research and develop sustainable and efficient new prototypes for objects.
- To fight against planned obsolescence and we readapt traditional machinery.
- To re-skill traditional crafts.
- To support ourselves economically with our products.
- To work on Forest Management, caring for forests and taking advantage of the resources that it provides us with in a sustainable way.
We would like make networking to recover the mood from street universities and from the earlier techniques and crafts, starting from free knowledge and reappropriated techniques.